Thursday, September 04, 2014

Thesis Project Teaser

I ditched my original film concept "Spirit Asylum" and a few other ideas in favour of a film noir inspired detective story set in the 1920s. There were many personal, artistic and technical reasons to make this decision. It feels like everything we take for granted in the world these days is built upon those moments in history. I've already learned a lot of what I feel are fundamental skills from just basing my work in that time period. Authentic fantasy can come after studying history and reality.

Loving Marmoset Toolbag 2 for previewing/concept design and going to use Unreal Engine 4 to output the final product. Quixel Suite is amazing too! So glad these programs come out this year and so affordable because without them there's no way my art would look this good. I want to get the final look/feel as quick as possible. The title "Project Rain" is just temporary.

Going to be a fun year for sure! Hopefully this turns out decent and gives a good rep for Sheridan's 3D films.


 Early Environments (Maya Viewport 2.0):


 Early Character Test (Marmoset Toolbag 2/Zbrush)

No comments:

Post a Comment